OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
As concerns about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) grow, we wanted to give you an update on how we are addressing these concerns throughout our facility and programs. Our top priority at Next Step Recovery is the health and safety of our patients, their families, and our employees.
We will continue to provide the quality, comprehensive treatment services and programs as we operate under our infectious disease protocols. In consideration of the potential risks associated with COVID-19, we have adopted additional protocols for the health and safety of our guests, their families, and our employees:
- Visitation has been suspended until further notice.
- Guests’ participation in outside AA and NA meetings has been suspended until further notice.
- Those seeking admission will be screened with questions concerning their current health, recent travel, and recent interactions with others who have traveled.
- If a potential admission is approved to be assessed, our admissions director will repeat the screening questions before admissions and require a doctor’s note of approval.
- Potential admissions who answer yes to any questions or fail to meet medical criteria will be denied admission.
- Residents and staff have been instructed to practice aggressive hand washing; avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth areas; and practice respiratory hygiene.
- Staff who are experiencing any compromise of health are asked to stay home.
- All therapy sessions and IOP group sessions are now provided via telehealth.
- North Carolina Governor has issued a stay at home order. Residential facilities are allowed to continue to operate but all residents are to shelter in place at one of our homes.
- Cleanliness and sanitation is being maintained in all homes.
- We have been taking everyone’s temperature daily – sometimes 2x’s a day
We will continue to monitor CDC and state health department recommendations as they pertain to COVID-19 and provide any updates as necessary.